Important Standards & Regulations when conducting work at heights
It is imperative to stay up to date and aware of all regulatory requirements.
Height safety equipment and working at heights practices are governed by the below Standards.
- AS 1657:2018 Fixed Platforms, Walkways, Stairways and Ladders
- AS/NZS 1891.1 Part 1: Safety Belts and Harnesses
- AS/NZS 1891.2 Part 2: Horizontal Lifeline and Rail Systems
- AS/NZS 1891:3 Part 3: Fall Arrest Devices
- AS/NZS 1981.4 Part 4: Selection, Use and Maintenance of Industrial Fall Arrest Systems and Devices
- AS2625 Safe Working in a Confined Space
- AS/NZS 4488 Industrial Rope Access Systems
- AS/NZS 5532 Manufacturers requirements for single point anchors
Copies of the above Standards can be obtained from SIA Global.
Further, workplaces must adhere to:
- Work Health & Safety Act 2011 - (Australian Government)
- OHS Act 2004 - (Victorian Government)
- Summary of OHS Act 2004 - (Worksafe Victoria)
- Work Health & Safety Regulations 2011 - (Australian Government)
Are you and your buildings meeting statutory requirements? Take a Height Safety Health Check and find out now.
For more information on specific requirements for your industry and territory go to your relevant local authority links on this page.