Sharing safety knowledge and experience benefits everyone
Join Sayfa in recognising National Safe Work Month.
Let's make October the month to reflect on YOUR working at height practices. How long has it been since you reviewed your working at height procedures and documentation? Falls from height is the major cause of fatalities within the construction industry.
What can you do to prevent a height related incident happening at your workplace?
- Check that all workers are fully qualified and trained in the equipment that they are using to access any areas at height.
- Organise a visual inspection of all your existing fall protection systems. Do they need modification and are they still compliant? When were they last recertified?
- Review your height safety awareness and management. Take our 3 minute Height Safety Health Check to assess your risk. You will receive a detailed report and a FREE audio book.
- Ensure that a Safe Work Method Statement is completed for any high risk work. Working at heights is considered high risk and a SWMS is always required to be prepared before any work of this type is carried out.
- Download up to date copies of all the relevant Acts, Codes, Standards and Regulations so that you can be sure you are maintaining your Duty of Care.
Check out the Safe Work Australia website for more information on National Safe Work Month.
Remember that Sayfa is here to help. Our Vision is to bring every worker home safely but we cannot do it alone. Contact us on 1300 301 755 or firstname.lastname@example.org.