As a building owner or manager it is your responsibility to ensure that anyone who works at height on your buildings is doing so as safely as possible. This includes any sub contractors and their workers.
A brief summary of your requirements as a building owner/manager are:
- Learn the Hierarchy of Controls for Working at Height.
- Keep up to date with Industry Acts, Codes, Standards and Guidelines.
- Plan the work and work the plan.
- Hold regular toolbox meetings.
- Ensure any workers are fully trained and supervised.
- Audit your access and fall protection equipment regularly.
- Review your working at height procedures and practices
A great way to know if you are meeting your obligations is to complete a Height Safety Health Check which will analyse your risks, knowledge and processes and will issue a full report.
For more information read our article: